Wow! I can hardly believe 2014 is here. This year my daughter Elisa graduates from high school (how did that happen?), my husband and I celebrate our 30 year high school reunion, oh and um, our family is moving (and we don’t quite know where), and in a few months our house of four will transition to a house of three as Elisa starts college. Honestly, there are many uncertainties.
So I ask myself, what would happen if this year I start each day giving thanks to God –– I mean, really spending time just thanking God for Who He is, and for all He has done, and all He is doing. What might happen if I cloaked the uncertainty with thankfulness––and I did this all day long? How might my uncertainty change? How might my relationship with God be strengthened? And, how might the way I view the people around me change?
Here are a few thoughts I jotted down this morning. Living thankful means that I will exhibit:
- a readily and regularly expression of appreciation to God
- an acknowledgement that God is aware, present and active
- a trust that is beyond my knowledge of the future
- a strong faith of God’s good intends for my family
- an attitude is aligned with His
- a fresh ability to see and appreciate those blessings right in front of me
- priorities set regarding things that really matter
This is just the beginning. What would you put on your list if you live thankful in 2014?
Cheryl Lee Davis